4 Aug 2011

Vegetable "pie" (or cake? I don't know)


I had a bit of an accident at home: I left the spread outside of the fridge and it got really strange, as it melted.
How could I possibly do that? Forget the spread outside of the fridge? "How silly!", one would think.
But you have to remember, dear reader, that in England it is normally OK to leave stuff out of the fridge overnight, because it is a COLD COUNTRY. I am not used to the existence of a proper temperature inside my home without having turned the heater on.

But anyway.

Since I hate wasting anything, I looked for a recipe with lots of butter/spread... and found one here (in Portuguese).

Ingredients:

"Dough":

- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 4 tbsp of butter or spread
- 4 tbsp grated cheese (anyone you like. I used cheddar this time)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cube of vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp baking powder

"Filling":
Whatever you want :)
I used about half a recipe of Aubergines in the oven and a chopped courgette.

Put the eggs, butter and milk in the blender. Then, add the flour and vegetable stock and let it blend for a few minutes. Put it in a bowl and add the cheese, the baking powder and the filling of your choice.

Bake at 200C for about 30 min, or until brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment