16 Feb 2012

Broccoli, Potato and Onion Soup



I can't stop making soup!

This one was invented the last time I went to my dad's, in Brazil, last Christmas.
I was talking to him on the phone the other day and he told me he really liked it... I had to ask him what I put in it when I made if for him, and I decided to try it again with English ingredients.
It is quite good, but I have to say that the broccoli I had in Brazil works better in this recipe. It is a different broccoli, it looks more like cow's food than the very pretty broccoli I normally find here, the one that looks like a wedding bouquet.

Anyway. It was still quite delicious and we had the whole thing very quickly, so I think you might want to try and make it yourself :)

Ingredients:

1 onion
1 wedding bouquet, oops, one broccoli
3 medium sized potatoes
Salt

How to make it:

Chop everything, sauté de onions in a little bit of olive oil, throw in all the rest, add water, close it and cook for about 20 minutes - the first 10 in high and then in medium.
Blend it and serve it with parmesan, if you are so inclined.

Servings: 4
Calories: 159 per serving

No comments:

Post a Comment